Planning District 15 -- FAQ
- What is a Planning District 15?
- It refers to properties located in any locality comprising Planning District 15 which includes the counties of Charles City, Chesterfield, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, New Kent, Powhatan, the City of Richmond and the Town of Ashland.
- What does the residential property disclosure statement say?
- The property that is located wholly or partially in any locality comprising Planning District 15, the builder or owner, if the builder is not the owner of the property, shall disclose in writing whether the builder or owner has any knowledge of (i) whether mining operations have previously been conducted on the property or (ii) the presence of abandoned mines, shafts, or pits, if any.
- Why is this information important?
- Before buying a home in a Planning District 15, prospective purchasers may want to identify if any abandoned mine related hazards such as bad air, open shafts, horizontal openings, dangerous water bodies, rusting machinery, and defective explosives from surface mines impact the property.